Bike swap ! Sunday, April 23 at 10 AM – 2 PM
Dirt Devil, May 7th and June 11th.
What’s dirt devil you ask? It’s fun day with races for all ages and categories, kids event…
• We have a new website, new jersey check out the store, new membership cards that you would want to
carry with you because you never know when you are going to walk into a LBS and need something at a
discounted price for being a VKBC member.
• Monthly discounts to your local bike shop. Make sure we have your email address, the discount will be
sent to your registered email.
• Monthly night rides, 2 per month.
• Purple haze extensions are coming to life, one at a time, still a few more to go. It is going to be the trails
you won’t want to miss !
• Fees at the gate have now changed to pay to park at the trails. Starting February 27th, we will no longer
pay at the entrance booth but will now have to pay to park like at some other parks
What’s coming up next.
• New events coming up, races, demos, kids rides, clinics, bike swap all this within the next 6 months
• Maybe, our own VKBC race team for next year.
We will keep posting the events as they come to our Facebook page.
We are growing, as of March 15th we have already 425 members.
We are looking forward to a great year at VK.
Alain Bitton, President.
Thanks to our sponsors!.
Take a time to review the list. It would be great if you let them know you appreciate them supporting the club. If the shop you go to in Dade county isn’t on the list, ask yourself (and them) why not.
In reverse alpha order..
Virginia Key Outdoor Center
Address: Arthur Lam Rd, Miami FL
• What they say: Heaven on Earth? Well maybe yes! Virginia Key Outdoor Center (VKOC) is the best place to enjoy the outdoors. Rentals are available daily so you can experience a stress free outdoor adventure seven days a week. Our nature viewing is exceptional. Virginia Key, a hammock nestled amongst an urban metropolis, presents opportunities for residents and visitors to connect to the outdoors and Miami’s history.
• What JV says: Life is not all mt biking. Bring your spouse, but instead of trails, surprise them with a kayak ride, nature viewing, etc. Hey moonlight paddles sound romantic. Thanks for the caja china Sunday!
Velofix South Florida
Address: Boca Raton, FL
Phone: (561) 240-2453
• We offer a convenient Mobile Bike Shop experience at your home or office. We believe that bicycles can help change the world. Whether you are a road warrior, a commuter, an elite triathlete, a daredevil mountain biker, our goal is to offer a convenient premium service that gives you more time to do what you love…RIDE!
• What JV says: Jealous of sprinter vans, handicapped by height in mechanic’s race. I’m a customer.
Address: 3001 SW 27th Ave, Miami FL and 132 Hialeah Dr, Hialeah
Phone: (786) 409-2663
• From the website: Suncycling is a family owned bicycle store dedicated to serve Miami’s cycling community and its surroundings. We offer true world class service. “Suncycling Cycle & Fitness Shop Miami most loved bicycle shop”
• What JV says: New ownership, sorry they couldn’t make it. Board member Nelson likes them a lot!
Address: 220 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Phone: (305) 444-3206
• What they said: NO BOUNDARIES SPORT is an Adventure Store in Coral Gables, Fl. We offer product for Outdoor, Bike, Run & More. We decided life is too short to sit there and watch it go by; instead we encourage everyone to go out there and explore all the boundaries of the world, We can provide you with everything needed to live a life with No Boundaries. We have all your outdoor, cycling and running needs covered
• What JV says: In the middle of Coral Gables tucked away on Ponce. Even if you don’t need anything cycling related, go by. Lots of cool adventure gear, clothing, running, etc. Planning a Trans-Andes trek? Start here.
Miami Bike Co.
Address: 1800 Biscayne Blvd Unit #110, Miami, FL 33132
Phone: (305) 358-7004
• What they say: The Miami Bike Shop carries select models of comfortable bicycles for transportation and recreation. Already have a bike? We service, repair and refurbish all makes and models. We maintain a wide assortment of cycling parts and accessories. We support cyclists in the Florida racing scene with the same passion as the daily Miami bike commuter
• What JV says: Sorry new Daddy Darren could make it. Great shop, lots of niners, great vibe in downtown Miami.
Address: 5995 Sunset Dr, Miami, FL 33143
Phone: (305) 661-8363
• What Mary Jane said: Mack Cycle/Mary Jane was highly instrumental in the development of the VK trails. After lobbying for years/pleading with Commissioners we have an amazing trail system. The first year alone saw tens of thousands of dollars paid to bulldozers/chainsaws/lunches and labor to open the trails. Mack Cycle continues to support the club that MJ helped found as is always willing to help whenever needed.
• What JV says: MJ and Mack were there from the beginning. They support us and lots of other bike charities. Love the bargain bin. Thanks for donating the bikes!
Address: 13108 S Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL 33156
Phone: (786) 242-3733
• What they say: Full service for mountain, road bikes and old bikes. Offer free estimates. They do custom bike builds with state of the art bike fitting . They have SPECIALIZED, COLNAGO SANTA CRUZ, BMC, JAMIS, PURE FIX AND FUJI, plus lots of apparel, nutrition needs and a friendly and knowledgeable staff.
• JV says- boy they love capital letters! First shop to step up for the anniversary. Love my Ibis Tranny. They do custom builds, good guys!
Address: 13115 W Okeechobee Rd #107, Hialeah Gardens, FL 33018 (new location in Plantation soon!)
Phone: (305) 821-4431
• What Andres has to say: Collareta Cycling is a family owned bicycle shop with a passion for good service, good bikes, standing out from the crowd! We are THE Rocky Mountain Dealer for South Florida! If you are looking for something different to ride that is of unparalleled quality then you must visit us.
• What JV says: This shop is super tidy. If you are the kind of cyclist that needs all the zip ties to be pointing in the same direction, this is your shop. Plus, Dalmatian shop dog and an espresso machine.
Address: 7252 Bird Rd, Miami, FL 33155
• From their website: As an industry leader for over 28 years Bike Tech has been the number one choice in Miami for all your cycling needs. Propelled by a true passion for biking, we constantly strive to bring the best service to our customers.
• What JV says: They have sold hundreds of VBCK memberships, one for every mtb bike they sell. Awesome! They are bringing Dirt Devil a mtb race and festival for the second time in the row to Vkey, stay tuned!
Big Wheel Cycles North Miami
Address: Oleta Town Center, 3169 NE 163rd St, North Miami Beach, FL 33160 (other shops in Broward too!
Phone: (305) 948-0116
• From their website: Big Wheel Cycles USA, Inc. is a family owned and operated bicycle shop that has been in the bicycle business for over 30 years. We pride ourselves by offering the top brands at the lowest prices with the best service.
• What JV says: Congratulations to Juanse for being the Fastest Mechanic in Miami!