Elections will be held Sunday Jan 5th at 11am on the beach. Yes there will some sort of online voting in case you can’t make it, but hey FREE LUNCH FOR MEMBERS so show up, ok?
I will now bore you with the relevant portion of the club’s bylaws…
There shall be three elected officers of the association consisting of a President, Vice President, and Treasurer.
Their duties are as follows:
The President shall convene regularly scheduled Board and association meetings, shall preside or arrange for other members of the executive committee to preside at each meeting in the following order: Vice-President, Treasurer/Membership Chairman. The President will be the primary contact for land managers, media, municipalities and race promoters.
The Vice President will chair committees on special subjects as designated by the board, which may include trail workdays and equipment management. The Vice President should also make it a priority to attend any meeting that the President can not attend.
The Treasurer shall be responsible for keeping records of Board actions, including taking minutes at all board meetings, sending out meeting announcements, and assuring that corporate records are maintained. A financial report will be presented at each Board meeting, coordinate the preparation of the budget, help develop fundraising plans, and make financial information available to Board members and the public
In addition to these 3 elected officials we have 4 at large board of directors. So we are voting on 7 positions. Any member who has been a member for at least one year and volunteered a bit can run for office. If you are interested, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to the ballot. Got questions on what to expect if you are on the board call me 305-491-7159..Even existing board members agree… WE NEED NEW BLOOD. Here’s who is currently running..
- Frenchie (Bernard Riviere) He’ll be the first to tell you he’d rather not be prez, he’d rather focus on just building trails, but if no one else will do it, he will. He’d rather be VP.
- John Voss Me. Been the treasurer for 5 years now. I’m happy to serve the club I helped found anyway I can. Unless someone else wants to do it. I am running for treasurer
- David Knorr – Current board member, running for the board again
- Nelson Lopez – Current board member, running for the board again
- Yoyo (Jorge Giraud) Current board member, running for the board again
- Doc Current board member, running for the board again
Help shape the future of the trails and the club. Please consider running for prez, vp, treasurer or the board. Even if don’t want to run but have an idea on how to help or what you want the club to do, please email and let us know.